As a library service we provide learning resources, study facilities and associated services and equipment to the university community. We take pride in our work and surroundings and endeavour to treat our users with courtesy and respect at all times. The points below outline the standard of service we aim to provide and the standard of conduct we expect from our users in return.
Library Staff will:
- Provide you with access to learning resources, in a variety of formats, which are relevant and appropriate to the university curriculum.
- Maintain a learning environment which is safe, welcoming, and conducive to study.
- Offer guidance and instruction in information skills and research skills.
- Aim to respond to enquiries within 24 hours.
- Be proactive in seeking and responding to user feedback.
- Develop library collections and services via regular monitoring, evaluation and review.
- Actively promote library collections, services and facilities via electronic and print media.
As a user of BGU Library we expect you to:
- Be able to present a valid university ID / membership card.
- Respect and observe the noise levels permitted in the various study areas.
- Only remove items from the Library that are for loan and have been checked out to your library account.
- Take personal responsibility for items you borrow. This includes returning loans on time and paying for or replacing items that are lost or damaged whilst on loan to you.
- Bring only lidded drinks into the Library. Alcohol, food, and open drink containers are not permitted.
- Make or take phone calls only in the stairwells and building foyer.
- Regularly check your university email account.
- Ensure any person in your care under the age of 18 is supervised at all times and does not disturb other library users.
- Observe copyright regulations, as displayed next to each copier-printer.
- Be mindful of your own and others’ health and safety whilst in the Library. This includes leaving the building quickly and safely in the event of an emergency evacuation.