Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
All photos ©Bishop Grosseteste University.
A Library Overview
BGU Library is run by a committed team of fifteen staff, including seven professionally qualified librarians. In addition to providing the learning resources you need to complete your studies we offer a range of different services and facilities to support the University's community of students and staff members, including:
- Specialist guidance and advice from trained information professionals, from Foundation Degree to Doctoral level;
- Generous loan allowances;
- Late night opening all week during term-time;
- Resource request services such as reservations, postal loans and document supply.
- Numerous study spaces around the building, the majority of which include a power supply for laptop use, including a Social Study Suite for group and collaborative work (incorporating five large seminar rooms, each with a PC and interactive whiteboard) and a Silent Study Suite for individual work (incorporating four study booths, each with a PC);
- 60 fixed computers, plus an additional 24 just outside the library entrance in the 24/7 IT Suite;
- A self-service machine for book loans;
- A drop box outside the library for returning books when the library is closed;
- A comprehensive FAQs website, AskUs;
- Wi-fi connectivity throughout the building;
- Stationery sales;
- Multi-functional devices for printing and photocopying and specialist finishing equipment and stationery;